California's Transition Assistance Program

California's Transition Assistance Program

Distressed California Homeowners May Qualify for California's Keep Your Home California Transition Assistance Program (TAP)

If you can no longer afford your home and are pursuing a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure, you may be elgible for financial help with their relocation to alternative housing.

The funds come from the Transition Assistance Program (TAP), part of the Keep Your Home California Program.

The state of California is providing up to $5,000 in transition assistance to qualified homeowners who can no longer afford to stay in their homes. To apply you must:

*  Apply for the funds through the state's website or by calling 1-888-954-5337.

*  Maintain your property until your house is sold or returned to the lender via a negotiated deed in lieu of foreclosure.

For qualified homeowners, these state funds may be used in addition to any other transition assistance the homeowner may receive by participating in the Federal Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative (HAFA) program or in any other pre-offer short sale program.

To learn more about the Transition Assistance Program's guidelines, and how you may qualify, please visit that program's website at You can also call Dean Kessler at 707-441-1765 and ask for more information about relocation assistance programs. 

 CA Department of Real Estate #01313330